Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

T6J Binding problem with R2006GS

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 03:34 PM
schilcur2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T6J Binding problem with R2006GS

Just getting back into the hobby and enjoying the world of electrics vs. trying to get my old gas motors fired up. I purchased a T6J package from Tower and had no issues installing/configuring on an Extra 330. I purchased a F4U foamie off of Ebay and want to use the same Tx so I purchased another R2006GS. I follow the binding procedure in the manual but am not having any success. The repeatable pattern is as follows.....
1) turn on TX
2) connect power to Rx via ESC through channel 3
3) Rx light flashes green
4) Hold SW for 1 sec and Rx light starts to flash red
5) no change after that

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong (fairly consistently it seems). I searched R2006GS in the posts and did find another person having pretty much the same issue. I'm wondering if the ESC is somehow interfering with the binding process.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have used forums like this before for all kinds of stuff and they are always a useful source of info.

Thanks,
Schilcur 2112
Old 05-03-2017, 06:32 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You could attempt the link by using only a 4-cell or 5-cell NiCd or NiMH battery pack...even a 4-cell alkaline pack. If the receiver won't link when the transmitter is VERY close to the receiver, you may have a problem in the receiver. If you're trying to link at home and you have a strong wi-fi signal, it may be interfering.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:01 AM
schilcur2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile R2006GS binding problem - SOLVED

Originally Posted by Bax
You could attempt the link by using only a 4-cell or 5-cell NiCd or NiMH battery pack...even a 4-cell alkaline pack. If the receiver won't link when the transmitter is VERY close to the receiver, you may have a problem in the receiver. If you're trying to link at home and you have a strong wi-fi signal, it may be interfering.
Bingo! Although I did essentially have to lay the Rx directly on the Tx antenna before I got it to work. I had forgotten that the optional battery pack came with the Tx package...made life much easier to connect to the Rx.
Bax, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Schilcur2112