Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Status of JR Propo ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Status of JR Propo ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 03:55 AM
lavi rider
My Feedback: (6)

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I’m not sure JR is dying out .. we’re constantly ordering goods from them ( jramericas)...
Old 01-12-2018, 04:50 AM
luv2flyrc

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
The price thing you are so wrong. The hobby has never been cheaper. It’s a numbers game, the high street stuff is many millions of customers, model aeroplanes is tiny tiny. The reason these companies are in trouble is selling with a small margin, go start a model company and see what things really cost to make for the numbers sold. It’s where HH went wrong here and had to close. Discount to dealers, dealers use discount to undercut the opposition and no one makes enough money to survive.
The hobby is going to be a Ferrari owners club hobby and prices will have to reflect the tiny numbers doing it.
Consumer numbers have grown, so household goods came down in price, more sold. Increase in population has not increased hobby sales as there is too much fun stuff to spend money on and our hobby is not like it was in the 80-90’s where it was one of the coolest things to do with engineering and flight involved. Pnp killed the hobby, there is no pride in turning up at the field with a new model you crafted, so people get board quickly and move on. Quads took all the skill from rotary flight, easy to fly and assembly to fly smoothly. No challenge = boredom.

Hobby dies with our generation....
Dave, I agree with your assessment that the hobby has never been cheaper, and I'm not arguing the economics of it. I understand why the prices have to be what they are. What I was saying is comparatively the value to consumers is low.

When the consumer can choose a brand new Kawasaki or Toyota for the same price as a Chinese produced junk jet that they have to re-work to get right, put a $3k-$5k engine in it (that may blow up with low time and no warranty left) stuff it with over priced electronics. Only a die-hard model airplane fanatic would choose the jet over the Kawasaki etc and really, how many of us are there?

So, that is why the hobby is in trouble.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:28 AM
lavi rider

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I’m sorry but I disagree .... there’s no comparison in what you say .
A . There are that many other excellent products out there that are almost at the same price as the less good ones therefore buying a better brand always lowers the risk , the risk is always there .
B. Our hobby has always been expensive. It’s a mirage that it could be cheaper, this fake belief was created by the Far East products but along with their cheap prices also accompanied a cheap product in quality this considerably raising the risk, but this is comfortable to over look ... until it is lost..
Look , you can’t cut corners without paying the price eventually...
i build cars , motorcycles , UAV’s and fly full size planes too ... so I know what I’m talking about .
C. There are so many other fields to enjoy in the model airplane hobby that one can choose from .. only comparing to jet propelled model airplanes and hanging the blame on them is just not right in my opinion...
In turn I can give you a dozen other things one can do with a cost of a Toyota that are as fun as .... and cost a fragment of a car . Or a model airplane ....
everyone is welcome to make his/her own choice as to what he likes and if it is affordable form him /her... I apologize on saying but unfortunately not everything is for everyone , wish it was different .
Old 01-16-2018, 11:28 PM
flyboydale54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR not dead yet:

I was searching for JR Radios on the Hobby King website in November 2017 and I found they are selling one model high end JR Transmitter and some JR Receivers. So, they can not be dead yet. I love my JR Radios.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:14 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Guys, first and only warning. Drop the politics

Changed to bold to help folks read.

Last edited by BarracudaHockey; 01-17-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:33 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why was my post removed and others stand? censorship perhaps? FYI i can read just file and i didn't get your post till after i replied to inappropriate comment .
Old 01-17-2018, 11:42 AM
BarracudaHockey

Censorship? No

I removed it because it was posted after I asked y'all to stop. I was giving you guys the benefit of the doubt by not going back and deleting all of them.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:50 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No censorship just clear breaches of our posting rules.

• We do not permit political, social, religious, or other off-topic discussions. There are many places online to express your opinions on issues outside of RC so "RC" Universe is designed to be a place to talk just about RC.
I have also removed some posts which quoted the removed post.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:49 PM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by j.duncker
No censorship just clear breaches of our posting rules.

I have also removed some posts which quoted the removed post.
Well just two points and i'm letting this go. first... politics was mentioned way before the my posts and two... if you read the end of my DELETED post you would have seen where i said let's get back to talking JR. so... No body outside of this country is going to run our government down ,and you deleting my post won't change that. the proper thing to do was to nip all this in the bud that the " i thought you guys were making it great down there" or before , so if you're going to be objective as a moderator then they all should be removed. that's what you get for defending your homeland i guess. you have a good day.. .
Old 01-17-2018, 02:19 PM
BarracudaHockey

First off, I spent 20 years defending the homeland, thank you.

Second, as I indicated, I was trying not to over moderate so I just asked that it be stopped. Your reply got deleted because it was after I asked it be stopped.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:18 PM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
First off, I spent 20 years defending the homeland, thank you.

Second, as I indicated, I was trying not to over moderate so I just asked that it be stopped. Your reply got deleted because it was after I asked it be stopped.
thank you for your service, i never implied in anyway i was the only one .
Old 01-17-2018, 10:04 PM
flyboydale54

JR Radio is not DEAD!!!
Here is a copy of the email I just received that proves JR is ALIVE and WELL!!!
Hello,
Thank you for contacting JR Americas. JR radios are currently in production, and readily available through JR Americas. Receivers, servos, and other such equipment are being produced as well.Thank you,
Chris Sheppard
Sales Manager
JR Americas.com

Last edited by flyboydale54; 01-17-2018 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Run on information, separated as received in email to me.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:33 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by flyboydale54
JR Radio is not DEAD!!!
Here is a copy of the email I just received that proves JR is ALIVE and WELL!!!
Hello,
Thank you for contacting JR Americas. JR radios are currently in production, and readily available through JR Americas. Receivers, servos, and other such equipment are being produced as well.Thank you,
Chris Sheppard
Sales Manager
JR Americas.com
Thank you !! i have been saying for a year that they are not dead... maybe just wishful thinking on some peoples part. i as well as all the other 28X ours that spent that kind of money on a radio are the ones that should be worried. that was
a pretty good chunk of change for a radio and to see the company go away would be devastating. Not only for use 28 owners ,but the JR fans too. I love the Xbus system. it's easy to use and the DMSS protocol is second to none period.
Before i jumped over to DMSS i scoured the net for potential problems and to be honest... i didn't find,not one person that lost an airplane because of brownout,lockout or poor signal .i know spektrum can't make that claim. i did finally find this
year where someone believed thay lost a couple of jets do to the radio . So long live JR P.S. The photo of my viper jet running exclusively , the Xbus system
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5784.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	2251468  
Old 01-18-2018, 03:45 AM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Good news
Here a picture of my Mirage 2000 with my 28X ready for 2018
I love DMSS

Name:	IMG_1100.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	2251469  
Old 01-18-2018, 03:45 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Just had in another XG-14 and some little bits, sold a couple of XG-14's already this year.

Name:	DSC_0623.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	376.7 KB
ID:	2251470  
Old 01-18-2018, 03:52 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by jcterrettaz
Good news
Here a picture of my Mirage 2000 with my 28X ready for 2018
I love DMSS
LOL those mirage's always looked like they were 200 just sitting there .lol kinda like 104
Old 01-18-2018, 06:08 AM
BarracudaHockey

I like that Viper!
Old 01-18-2018, 06:36 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I like that Viper!
Thanks !!, i did it up as a tribute to my late friend from vegas. 12/5/2016 He was Paul Judice. paul was a really generous and kind hearted person . He
was a big force in helping me get into the next level of model aviation . I did a build for paul a few years ago. it was a BVM bandit.
paul picked it up and asked me to put it together for him. it was already painted so i did the install for him. The bandit had a JR mirror graphics
on the tail and i thought i might like it on my viper so i did.i have about 10 flights on it so far . I wanted to test the JR xbus system to the limit so
i opted to got everything xbus with the exception of retract servo which because it was so close to the receiver i just plugged it in. i ran an xbus
cable and a power cable to the back plugged in a converter which drove the tail servos. i did this to ensure i had no voltage drop going that far back. The pics
as follows. the boomerang XL was taken at fl. jets in 2006 " the very day i first met paul" paul was on the left , the kingcat was pauls new ride in '07 and rest are what they are.

Name:	DSC02352.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	2251475   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02351.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	2251476   Click image for larger version

Name:	New%20Pictures%201141.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	2251477   Click image for larger version

Name:	P3030429.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	2251478   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170322_081416.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	2251479  
Old 01-18-2018, 07:13 AM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

I love my 28x as well... however, there is someone on another forum that claims they contacted RC depot about repairing their 28x and they told them sorry it is discontinued with no support. Just curious and nervous about this.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:29 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by taildragger21
I love my 28x as well... however, there is someone on another forum that claims they contacted RC depot about repairing their 28x and they told them sorry it is discontinued with no support. Just curious and nervous about this.
they are just a reseller. i'd contact JRA directly .
Old 01-18-2018, 07:32 AM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

Originally Posted by warbird_1
they are just a reseller. i'd contact JRA directly .
didn’t RC depot take over production of jr products?
Old 01-18-2018, 07:56 AM
warbird_1

didn’t RC depot take over production of jr products?
not that i have heard. i knew JR consolidated everything in malaysia. that's where a lot of products were already being produced anyways ..... long before any of this went down. if memory serves me right .. a lot of servos and receivers dating back to the early 72mhz were already being made there. i think it was to costly to keep two factories going. if it's any comfort ... i heard rumors just like these about futaba going under etc. the long and the short of it for me is i'll keep using JR and buying parts where i find them IF JR was to go under.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:59 AM
warbird_1

BarracudaHockey, being a moderator . can you please chime in and shed some light on why the old forums format is gone? i keep getting redirected to this vbulletin layout. i like the old setup better unless something is going on with my browser : chome"
Old 01-18-2018, 08:04 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

IIRC, that was an Aussie who'd bought a used 28X which had problems. The distributor in Australia refused to do anything with the radio, so he contacted RC Depot and was told it was out of production and they would not look at it either. For Mr. Warbird; JRA will not service any radio not sold within their distribution area which I believe consists of North & South America.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:19 AM
warbird_1

Zeeb, we are not talking about a radio oversea's. taildragger lives in tennessee. I fully believe JRA will take care of it. As far as being out of production.. they might have been referring to the time frame when the switch over was taking place.
the 28x is still being sold on JRA's web page

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.