Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

electrionic shutoff valve voltage?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

electrionic shutoff valve voltage?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 09:37 AM
JoeJr1485

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrionic shutoff valve voltage?

hey all I am trying to see if anyone knows what voltage does this valve take? I am going to be using it for my smoke setup and I’m running HV in my system.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:35 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Solenoid Test

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485

hey all I am trying to see if anyone knows what voltage does this valve take? I am going to be using it for my smoke setup and I’m running HV in my system.
==================================
I don't have the same valve but had reason to test the propane valve/solenoid from WREN and it opened at 2.0volts DC and closed when voltage dropped to .90 volts DC. In normal operation I think the ECU pulses the solenoid.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:50 AM
JoeJr1485

I wonder if I could hook it up to my reciever and it work. I just don’t know what is the max voltage this little thing can take. I may end up testing it and see. My plan is to use it on my smoke system. After the smoke pump. The way I want to set it up is when I turn on the smoke the valve will open then the pump starts. I’m thinking this will help keep the smoke oil from dripping after turned off. I feel it’s going to be easy to set up in my Jeti I just want to make sure I don’t burn it up due to the voltage.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:43 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Gaspar has them on his site, and lists them as 6v as I recall. As far as hooking it to the Rx... sure you can. But you will have to build a control board to watch where the signal is, and then switch power to the solenoid. You could probably take the board out of an old analog servo, and make it work. You could hook the solenoid to the motor wires, and use the pot for the "Dead point". (or off)
Old 05-21-2018, 03:42 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask these guys Home

Most solenoids are simply operated on/off using the positive and negative wires. I’m not sure about the Jet-Tronics solenoid but I would be surprised if it can simply be plugged into the RX.

I’m not sure what smoke pump you’re using but I have a Evojet pump which you can plug a solenoid into, specifically to do what you want. Whether other pumps can also do this I’m not sure.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:50 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes the max voltage is 6volts. As Dr Honda stated you can connect the valve to your "SMOKE PUMP MOTOR" but make sure first it don't exceed 6 volt at max. If it does, just put a 5 volt regulator between the motor and the valve.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:13 AM
JoeJr1485

Thank you all for the support and information. I am going with the kingtech smoke pump. I’ll have to look more into that pump to make sure that it can be hooked up that way. I just want to have the option to have the on off valve so that when it’s off the oil can’t just drip free if pressure is line the tank pushing oil through the pump.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:19 AM
JoeJr1485

So after reading about the kingtech smoke pump it looks like it has a built in on off valve. So I don’t need to add this now lol
Old 05-21-2018, 08:13 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Correct kingtech smoke pump has the solenoid built in so no drippy drippy.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:05 AM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by gunradd
Correct kingtech smoke pump has the solenoid built in so no drippy drippy.

hahaha thanks.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:24 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Hey Joe, These JetCat valves are probably okay on the 7.4 HV, but may get fried if you turn on the HV at its 8.4V right off the charger. That being said you can’t do what you are trying to do without an add on RC controlled switch (HK etc.) as these units are not set up like a servo even though the wiring makes them appear as if they operate in that fashion. They are current onpen, current off:closed as I recall. The presence of the third wire is misleading. Mel maidened an Xcalibur on his own today! Wish I’d been there to see it!
Aloha,
Len
Old 05-21-2018, 10:31 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by Len
Hey Joe, These JetCat valves are probably okay on the 7.4 HV, but may get fried if you turn on the HV at its 8.4V right off the charger. That being said you can’t do what you are trying to do without an add on RC controlled switch (HK etc.) as these units are not set up like a servo even though the wiring makes them appear as if they operate in that fashion. They are current onpen, current off:closed as I recall. The presence of the third wire is misleading. Mel maidened an Xcalibur on his own today! Wish I’d been there to see it!
Aloha,
Len

Thanks Len! The kingtech smoke pump has one built in so I am going to scratch the idea lol. What!!! Was Duke there with him? I wonder how it went? As always, miss flying with you my friend 😁
Old 05-22-2018, 04:36 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

....or do it the HAB way.... €10 [email protected]

Automatic fuel/smoke valve for servo control.

Click image for larger version

Name:	37025.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	2260528
Old 05-22-2018, 05:28 AM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by Henke Torphammar
....or do it the HAB way.... €10 [email protected]

Automatic fuel/smoke valve for servo control.

Attachment 2260528

thats a nice little setup you have there. Did you make the mount?
Old 05-22-2018, 11:06 PM
Henke Torphammar

thats a nice little setup you have there. Did you make the mount?
Thanks! It's done by my local hobby store HAB. They have a router and make CNC G10 parts. This is where I do all the conversion kits for turbine foamies. This holder is designed and made at HAB for either HS81 or HS65 servo at the moment. Many people add a manual shut of valve for extra safety as they don't trust the solenoid. Then they forget to open it and you get a disco inferno when opening the valve half way through the startup sequence LOL. This is used via a mix in the Tx to open automatically when you arm the turbine.

Those who like it just drop an email to [email protected] for details on ordering.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:43 PM
JoeJr1485

Thanks! It's done by my local hobby store HAB. They have a router and make CNC G10 parts. This is where I do all the conversion kits for turbine foamies. This holder is designed and made at HAB for either HS81 or HS65 servo at the moment. Many people add a manual shut of valve for extra safety as they don't trust the solenoid. Then they forget to open it and you get a disco inferno when opening the valve half way through the startup sequence LOL. This is used via a mix in the Tx to open automatically when you arm the turbine.

Those who like it just drop an email to [email protected] for details on ordering.
Nice! Do they have a website? Yeah I was thinking of putting a manual one in there as well just after the smoke pump for extra safety.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:01 AM
Henke Torphammar

Nice! Do they have a website? Yeah I was thinking of putting a manual one in there as well just after the smoke pump for extra safety.
Startsida unless you read Swedish, just email to Amir. :-)
Old 05-23-2018, 05:31 AM
JoeJr1485

Startsida unless you read Swedish, just email to Amir. :-)
lol okay thank you for the information