Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Kingtech ECU Soon to be released!!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Kingtech ECU Soon to be released!!!

Old 05-10-2016, 12:58 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Cool New Kingtech ECU Soon to be released!!!

As some of you have herd from Facebook a new Kingtech ECU is soon to be released. We are very excited about this one because of all the advanced features it has.

Some of the new features are
>Auto restart encase of air bubble.
>Glider mode so you can shut off the engine and restart the engine in flight. (with Xicoy this was not possible without a power cycle)
>A pump prime mode during start to ensure positive fuel flow for ignition.
>ECU learns as you fly so if for instance you have a temperature probe fail in flight the engine will not shut down but will continue to run up to 80% power so you can make it back and land safely with out a dead stick landing. This will also continue to work if you have a failed RPM sensor and will get you home. After landing and shutting engine off it will let you know of the error.
>One of the BIG things is new wire harness. The new harness is much easier to install and fool proof so no more trouble shooting a plug installed the wrong way.
>Should be backwards compatible with existing Kingtech engines. Stay tuned for more info on this.
>working on telemetry and spektrum should be ready before release.
>Barry himself has a very hand in the development of the ECU so its got allot of design from a real world pilot not some engineer who does not fly. Since Barry deals with most of the service calls he knows what works and does not work. So one of his goals on this new ECU was to eliminate all the common set up errors we got with the old ECU.
>Records all flight data and its very easy to access errors after your flight if there are any for further trouble shooting.

Keep in mind this is still in development so some things may change. We hope to be able to demo this unit at Kentucky jets if possible not sure if it will be done in time. Production soon after. No clue on cost yet.

With this new ECU it opens up allot of new possibilities. Some of the stuff being worked on is a hub that will make it bluetooth compatible so you can make adjustments and send data files to kingtech in case of trouble shooting problems. Also Kingtech will be able to set up engines based on the GPS data location where in certain regions like in the mountains or extremely humid or cold areas they can custom set up the engine parameters. Again this part is looking into the future but all great possibilities.

I am sure Barry will chime in. He knows this unit inside and out.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:00 PM
gunradd

here is a video of the new ECU in action. First video is the new auto start feature. As you can see its very fast. When you hear the engine spool down that is the fuel supply getting shut off simulating a large air bubble.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GUt4Kjm9oTY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by gunradd; 05-10-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:01 PM
gunradd

This video shows the engine running with a temp probe error and also an RPM error. Notice the engine does not shut off. Just runs up to 80% power.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bFfERa0vSzw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-10-2016, 01:04 PM
gunradd

I will do my best to answers any questions but Barry is the one that has all the details. He has put allot of work into this new ECU and we will all benefit from his hard work.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:21 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Bad Friggin Arse. Holy moly that has huge potential!! Great job gentlemen!
Old 05-10-2016, 01:44 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice!! JS
Old 05-10-2016, 03:01 PM
stevekott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm in love
Old 05-10-2016, 03:03 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Here's hoping for backward compatibility.....
Old 05-10-2016, 03:06 PM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow !!!
Old 05-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Any idea if the new ECU will be backward compatible, as it really looks like yet another great item from Kingtech?
Old 05-10-2016, 04:09 PM
JoeJr1485

Will this work with current owners of Kingtech turbines? I really want to get one. I need it for my next toy. I wonder if I can still you can still use the Xicoy telemetry on this for Jeti users?

Last edited by JoeJr1485; 05-10-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:18 PM
myersflyers
My Feedback: (33)

>One of the BIG things is new wire harness. The new harness is much easier to install and fool proof so no more trouble shooting a plug installed the wrong way.
>Should be backwards compatible with existing Kingtech engines. Stay tuned for more info on this.
>working on telemetry and spektrum should be ready before release.

This is gonna be sweet...setting a new standard!

Last edited by myersflyers; 05-10-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Sounds great. It will save lots of dead sticks and jets. Hope it is backwards compatible.

Any more news about a K-300?

Gary
Old 05-10-2016, 04:36 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about telemetry to display turboprop rpm?
Old 05-10-2016, 04:51 PM
gunradd

David that's a good question. I will ask Barry.

Gary the K250 and K300 are both n testing but don't think anything is going on with it until after the release of the new ECU.

From what I know it will be backwards compatible but not sure what would need to be done to switch. Might be a simple wire harness change and new ECU or might need to send engine in for upgrade. I just don't know yet and will update when I do.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:55 PM
FenderBean

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

So this is a ecu with display so you don't have to plug in your hand held?
Old 05-10-2016, 05:13 PM
more

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have kingtech developed "Bus" system for the new ECU? The single wire installation will help to make clean installation.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:30 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Great news Barry.... I like it ... will the current Xicoy telemetry work on the new ECU or you will have new telemetry sensor....

David..
Old 05-10-2016, 07:40 PM
5skyhawk172

Good news I have 2 K100s that have never been run. Price?
Old 05-11-2016, 01:24 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 731 Likes on 527 Posts

On the "re-start" how does it gauge whether there has been a fuel leak that stopped the turbine, before it restarts the fuel pump and sprays fuel over a potentially hot engine with no way of monitoring it (with eyes on the ground) I know this has been shown on a couple of engines, I personally think its one of those crazy potentially dangerous 'beer - bottle of wine' thought ideas. I guess I'd need to know more info.
There are so many reasons why a turbine might stop and people flying around with a mind-set that the turbine will restart and save the day, just sounds like a guaranteed crash because it doesn't!
Without knowing the software I guess its safely linked to rpm (so if the turbine seizes, it won't try to restart)??

Way too many 'what ifs' for me!
Old 05-11-2016, 02:59 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
On the "re-start" how does it gauge whether there has been a fuel leak that stopped the turbine, before it restarts the fuel pump and sprays fuel over a potentially hot engine with no way of monitoring it (with eyes on the ground) I know this has been shown on a couple of engines, I personally think its one of those crazy potentially dangerous 'beer - bottle of wine' thought ideas. I guess I'd need to know more info.
There are so many reasons why a turbine might stop and people flying around with a mind-set that the turbine will restart and save the day, just sounds like a guaranteed crash because it doesn't!
Without knowing the software I guess its safely linked to rpm (so if the turbine seizes, it won't try to restart)??

I agree and I left that feedback on Facebook too. As it sounds now, if the engine seizes you will still be able to control the flame thrower. They would need a way to figure out a sensor failure from a real mechanical failure.

I do welcome new technology though.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:10 AM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will it have cool down with the receiver off?
Old 05-11-2016, 03:38 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mick15
Will it have cool down with the receiver off?
If you shut it off it will restart again automatically
Old 05-11-2016, 03:42 AM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If ifs were fifths we'd all be drunk.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:49 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere

Dave this was also a concern of mine. The ECU does have safety features built into it like it looks for a correct temp and makes sure it has RPM before putting fuel back in for the start. If the engine is seized it will not attempt a start. I dont think this feature will be for everyone. I could see it being useful for people with twins or sport jets that can stay in the air long enough for a restart.

I am still waiting on more details on how exactly this works because people that are doing a dead stick really need to be aware and trim it low so it does not try and restart while its on the ground in grass or crashed. Like I said waiting on more details on this function.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.