Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Dromida Steering Help!

Old 08-26-2016, 06:13 PM
ajg596

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dromida Steering Help!

I've had a Dromida db4.18 for about 6 months now. I have the Hobbywing 12 turn 18 amp system, MG90S metal gear servo, all available aluminum upgrades, FLYSky reciever, ect....

i can not, for the life of me, figure out my steering issue. When I turn, no matter what I do, it sticks when returning to neutral and veers off until counter steered. The servo saver is removed, there's no over tightened bolts, the carriers turn freely when the turnbuckle is unhooked. At high speeds it's wild. I drag raced my friends mini e-revo, fish tailing and swerving all over the place. Someone said they used a gyro, the hobby shop suggested a BEC. My reciever is 5v 3 channel, my servo operates 4.8-6v.

do I need a more powerful servo, use a gyro,can I use a BEC? I'm stumped at this point.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:43 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's either the servo or the transmitter not centering/returning to center. I'd try a better/higher quality servo or transmitter.
A bec is not going to make a non-centering servo center.
Adding some weight in the front will help the handling.
A gyro would help handling too but you need to get the servo issue corrected first however there is no room to mount it anyway.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:39 AM
ajg596

Ive tried several parts, changed linkages that flexed with more rigged ones, switched to the skyfly reciever, changed to aluminum parts, tried different Dromida servos and switched to the mg90s. I'm trying a winking p0090 servo today. I'm just stumped. I've went over everything and cannot figure out how to fix the centering issue.

Last edited by ajg596; 08-27-2016 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Add info
Old 08-27-2016, 07:43 AM
ajg596

Originally Posted by ajg596
Ive tried several parts, changed linkages that flexed with more rigged ones, switched to the skyfly reciever, changed to aluminum parts, tried different Dromida servos and switched to the mg90s. I'm trying a winking p0090 servo today. I'm just stumped. I've went over everything and cannot figure out how to fix the centering issue.
My reason for wanting to try a BEC was to see if higher voltage would help it recenter itself if something were binding that I cannot find. And a gyro to help with the same thing. I could find a place for a gyro to go
Old 09-04-2016, 02:22 PM
ajg596

Got a gyro and it made a world of difference. The steering servo is starting to get weak when turning right though I noticed
Old 09-05-2016, 05:06 AM
funxion

What brand gyro did you end up getting?
Old 09-05-2016, 05:31 AM
ajg596

Hobby King's. It was $20? I think and it works really good!