Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Flash 7

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 10:02 AM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hitec Flash 7

I like my Flash 7, but it has two glaring problems.

First, the timer beeper is so quiet that is hard to hear in a quiet indoor room. Impossible to hear when flying. The Hitec repair tech said that is "just the way it is, sorry".

Has anyone figured out a workaround for the quiet beeper? Add a louder one maybe? I don't think I should need to go back to the wind up timers we used to use 40 years ago.

Second, there is no range check function when using an SLT receiver. Anyone have a workaround for that one?
Old 10-26-2016, 12:18 PM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We have requested the beeper be made louder because it is a bit quiet on that transmitter, I agree with you. It's possible this may be made available through a software update but no word yet on it.

SLT protocols won't have a range check function.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:34 PM
jrf

Thanks for the response. I hope the update is soon.

It is ironic that the manual says "It is critical that before each flight session you perform a range check that confirms the signal betweenthe receiver and transmitter is appropriate." And yet there is no range check function for SLT. Do the Tactic transmitters have it?
Old 10-26-2016, 02:17 PM
Xpress

I don't know anything about the Tactic transmitters, all I know is that the SLT protocol doesn't have a way to range check. I think most that are using SLT are generally only flying small models very close to them, the only ones I personally know of using SLT use it for the micro indoor SLT equipped models.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:12 PM
jrf

FYI, Tactic is Hobbico's radio that uses the SLT protocol. It is manufactured by Hitec, and according to their manual, it has a range check function that works just like the one on the Flash 7. There is no excuse for the Flash 7 not to include it. I have been a Hitec user exclusively since the Flash 5 came out in the 80's(?) and have never had an inferior product. Until now.

Last edited by jrf; 10-26-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:18 PM
Xpress

The Tactic transmitters are not manufactured by us, the engineers simply decided to include the SLT protocol with the transmitter to expand its versatility. I still think you will find the Flash 7 functions to be very advanced, not many transmitters have what the Flash 7 is capable of built into them.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:48 AM
jrf

From what you say, I assume that the Aurora 9X does not have range check on SLT, either. Is that right?

And as far as the beeper, I bought an electronic kitchen timer at the 99cent store. Not as convenient as the one in the transmitter, but I can hear it when it goes off.

Last edited by jrf; 10-30-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:04 AM
Xpress

No, the SLT protocols we use don't have range check functions.