Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Collector's item

Old 12-02-2016, 08:10 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Collector's item

One of the models and radio that started it all. I point it out as purely a collector's item. They don't pop up often.
The Hinode single channel system was referred to in most all the early tank kits. It was years before I actually saw one
in the flesh..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302136558692

Remember it's not what it is it's what era in the hobby it represents...

Jerry
Old 12-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

An ebay search for similar items turned up this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-Armo...item21193522cf

Don't know how old or rare, but it was new to me and I found it interesting. Not interesting enough to buy, but interesting nonetheless.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's really cool actually. I don't think I've ever seen something like that, the scale burns my brain a bit but it's actually endearing.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:52 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crius
An ebay search for similar items turned up this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-Armo...item21193522cf

Don't know how old or rare, but it was new to me and I found it interesting. Not interesting enough to buy, but interesting nonetheless.
Guess I need to put mine on ebay. Have 2 of those guys in my basement. First r/c tank I bought my nephew years back as well. Their pretty much junk. Gearboxes are awful and strip as soon as you come into any resistance.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:52 AM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I think I paid $40 inc shipping for mine, tho the paint job was not anywhere near as good as that one. I popped a surplus HL non S&S board into it just for giggles (it was about the only thing I could do with a non S&S board after all!), even swapped out the cam ring for a Hl elevation unit and modded the sprockets to accept HL panzer IV tracks. I only ever ran it on carpet tho, so that's probably why it still works

They are a little undersized maybe, but look ok with 1/18 figures as a bit of 'set dressing' - wouldn't pay anywhere near that amount of money for one tho