Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

HyperLinks do not work in my RCU Posts notifications - why?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HyperLinks do not work in my RCU Posts notifications - why?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 07:29 AM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default HyperLinks do not work in my RCU Posts notifications - why?

For the past several weeks, whenever I get a notification about a forum thread from RCU, the Hyperlink is 'dead', i.e., I cannot just click on it. I have to cut and paste it to get it into my browser which is an inconvenience. This only seems to happen in links from RCU, not from other sites. So, my assumption is that I have messed up something on my RCU settings.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you correct it?? I have no doubt that this is a problem of my own creation but I don't know what I did, or how to correct it. Using Outlook 2007 in Windows 10

Thanks for any help you can give,

Bob
Old 01-16-2017, 02:37 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's happened to me, but not for some time. I have other issues, related to tis site, only.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:04 AM
N1EDM

Thanks for the reply, TomCrump.

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone... I'm just wondering if I had reset something somewhere in my account... I wonder what I could have done???

Did your problem go away??? Or do you still have it?
Old 01-16-2017, 05:23 AM
TomCrump

Originally Posted by N1EDM
Thanks for the reply, TomCrump.

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone... I'm just wondering if I had reset something somewhere in my account... I wonder what I could have done???

Did your problem go away??? Or do you still have it?
I have issues, almost daily, on this site. Since I'm not a computer expert, I find myself wondering if it's them, or on my end.

A couple days ago, sound from an advertisement, but no vid, started to play. I hadn't clicked on anything. I frequently have trouble with the quote function. At times, pics are difficult to post. Pages can take minutes to load.

There is no continuity to these problems. I never know what to expect.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:43 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

You're not alone Tom http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...vertisers.html

I think one of the biggest problems is we've gotten so used to the problems we've all stopped reporting the problems,,, I mean why bother, they never seem to get fixed, you just get "what's you operating system and browser",, then nothing.

As much as we've been told IB is wanting to improve the site,, I still haven't seen any change.

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 01-16-2017 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:34 AM
N1EDM

TomCrump, I have had that 'audio' issue you talk about. What I've found is that when I have several windows open, it seems like one of the ads included in the sidebars starts to play all by itself - I wonder if that is intentionally done by the guy who does the ad. I find that I have to go through each window and find the ad video that's running, and shut it down. I don't think that any of that is your fault.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:35 PM
TomCrump

The only thing that I am sure of, is that RCU is becoming more and more difficult to use. There are good things here, but at some point, the detriments may outweigh the benefits.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:01 PM
N1EDM

I feel badly that some folks are having problems but I don't want to turn this into an RCU Complait thread. I'm trying to find out why the hyperlinks in my notification messages are not active in my emails. Maybe the answer to that will lead to the answers to some other issues that folks are having...

Bob
Old 01-16-2017, 05:20 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

There's a whole section for reporting problems here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...-problems-239/

After you post,,, don't hold your breath
Old 01-17-2017, 11:57 AM
N1EDM

Thanks, Scale. That's the info that I was looking for. I couldn't dig it up. I'll post something there shortly.

Bob